Jake McGee was on the mound for the GCL Rays, but was pulled after just three hitters:
GCL Orioles Bottom 1st
- Moises Ciriaco singles on a ground ball to right fielder Alexander Diaz.
- Anderson Childers singles on a line drive to right fielder Alexander Diaz. Moises Ciriaco to 3rd.
- With Jaynnertt Melenciano batting, wild pitch by Jake McGee, Moises Ciriaco scores. Anderson Childers to 3rd.
- Jaynnertt Melenciano reaches on fielding error by shortstop Cristian Vasquez. Anderson Childers scores.
- Pitcher Change: Bradley Furdal replaces Jake McGee.
Hopefully he didn't feel any pain in his arm.
Stacy Long posted the following: Pitcher Jake McGee pitched in a Gulf Coast League game today, his first action since Tommy John surgery last summer while he was with the Biscuits.ReplyDelete
McGee faced three batters without recording an out. He left the game because he hit his 20-pitch limit, he said.
"I just wasn't feeling right with my mechanics," McGee said. "My body and my arm felt good."
The left-hander said he's supposed to pitch two innings in a start Tuesday and three innings in a start July 6. After that, he'll throw out of the bullpen three times before moving up to high-Class A Charlotte.