- Dane De la Rosa recalled from Durham to Tampa Bay.
- Marquis Fleming and Jim Paduch promoted to Durham. This leaves Montgomery with 11 pitchers right now with two of them being Joe Cruz and Ricky Orta (both on DL) --> 9 (!!) pitchers on the roster right now! In this regard, I would promote Josh Satow and Sergio Espinosa and sign a new starter for AA. The only Stone Crabs starter I'd consider moving up to AA would be Alex Colome. What's your opinion?
Initiated by injuries (Wade Davis, John Jaso, Juan Cruz and Jose Lobaton), the DFA of Adam Russell and the mediocre performances by Andy Sonnanstine, the mid-season roster shuffle began.
- Alex Cobb is up in the Rays' rotation for the injured Wade Davis.
- Alex Torres was called up to the majors for the Yankees game (and we all know how that went) and demoted back to Durham straight after it.
- Matt Moore was called up to Durham. This move was long overdue and requested in one of our recent posts.
- There is no word out yet who takes Moore's spot in the rotation back in Montgomery.
- It's Kyle Farnsworth, Joel Peralta, J.P. Howell, Jacob McGee, Brandon Gomes and Cesar Ramos right now in the pen. Alex Torres and Andy Sonnanstine are in AAA, Adam Russell was DFA'd and Juan Cruz is hurt. Who will fill the 7th bullpen spot? Or are the Rays going with an additional bench bat (highly unlikely after the heavy BP usage of the recent games)?
- One option for a possible BP spot was granted its release, though. R.J. Swindle is no longer part of the Bulls pen.
- Ryan Reid was promoted to Durham.
- John Jaso and Jose Lobaton are on the DL. Kelly Shoppach and Robinson Chirinos will do the catching in the next games. Nevin Ashley takes the biggest share of the Lobaton/Chirinos PA's in Durham. He has been promoted from Montgomery.
- John Matulia has been promoted to Durham.