Durham Bulls 3 -at- Charlotte Knights 4
- The Bulls fall to 1-6 on their current 14-game road trip.
- Durham is 5-2 at home and 1-6 on the road.
- The Bulls had no extra-base hits in the game, only 8 singles.
- DH Leslie Anderson was 1-2 with 2 walks and an RBI. That extends Anderson's hitting streak to 14 games dating back to September 2nd of last season. This season he's 20-43, a .465 batting average.
- CF Jesus Feliciano was 1-4, extending his hit streak to 10 games.
- SS Tim Beckham was 0-4 with a walk and a run scored. He's now hitting .216 on the year.
- RF Brandon Guyer was 3-4 with an RBI and a run scored, raising his average 44 points to .235.
- Catcher Nevin Ashley was 0-3 with a walk.
- Starter Chris Archer gave up 4 ER in 4.0 innings on 4 hits and 4 walks with only 1 strikeout. He threw 88 pitches, 49 for strikes. Season ERA = 9.95.
- After Archer came Ryan Reid with 3.0 scoreless and Josh Lueke with a shutout 8th, lowering his ERA to 22.50.
- Current standings for the Bulls and the rest of the organization are on the right sidebar once all of tonight's games are finished.
Thursday starter: RH Matt Torra. Projected for the rest of the week: Friday - RH Alex Cobb, Saturday - LH Alex Torres.
Montgomery Biscuits 1 -vs- Mobile Bay Bears 3 -- Game 1
- Each team only managed 2 hits.
- RF Henry Wrigley was 1-3 with a double, driving in Cole Figueroa with the only Biscuits run.
- Montgomery's other hit was a single by 1B Mike Sheridan, who was 1-2 with a walk.
- 2B Tyler Bortnick had 0 ABs but reached base 3 times - 2 walks and a HBP.
- The Biscuits committed 2 errors - Sheridan and SS Hak-Ju Lee.
- Lee was 0-3 at the plate, now batting .192.
- B.J. Upton played CF in game 1 and was 0-3.
- Starter Kyle Lobstein went 5.2 innings and allowed 2 ER on 2 hits (1 HR) and 5 walks with 7 strikeouts. His ERA after 3 starts is 2.76.
- RH Kirby Yates closed out the 7-inning game with 1.2 innings, getting charged with an unearned run.
Thursday starter: RH Jake Thompson. Projected for the rest of the week: Friday - the newest Rays player, RH Matt Buschmann, Saturday - RH Shane Dyer, who was moved back a day due to the groin injury last Sunday.
Montgomery Biscuits 6 -vs- Mobile Bay Bears 2 -- Game 2
- Henry Wrigley hit his 5th home run of the season.
- David Wendt was 2-3 with 2 RBI and Omar Luna went 2-3 with an RBI.
- B.J. Upton went 0-3 before being pinch-hit for.
- Hak-Ju Lee was 1-4
- Cole Figueroa was 1-3 with a doub;e
- Joseph Cruz allowed 2 runs on 2 hits -- both solo HRs -- in 5.2 innings. He struck out 4 and walked 3.
- Adam Liberatore pitched 1.1 scoreless with a strikeout. Only baserunner allowed was a HBP who was erased on a double play.
Charlotte Stone Crabs -vs- Nobody
- Off day.
- Steaks to watch on Thursday: Charlotte has lost 3 in a row. 3B Riccio Torrez has an 11-game hitting streak, longest in the Florida State League. He's batting .283.
Thursday starter: RH Albert Suarez. Projected for the rest of the week: Friday - LH Braulio Lara, Saturday - RH Wilking Rodriguez.
Bowling Green Hot Rods 5 -vs- Great Lakes Loons 4
- The Hot Rods had no extra-base hits but managed 5 runs on 7 singles and 5 walks.
- 2B Ryan Brett was 2-4 with 2 runs scored, boosting his average to .302.
- RF Drew Vettleson was 2-4 with an RBI and 2 stolen bases.
- 3B Tyler Goeddel was 2-4 with a stolen base. He's batting .385.
- SS Juniel Querecuto was 1-2 with a walk.
- All the other Hot Rods were hitless, but both 1B Cameron Seitzer and DH Alejandro Torres walked twice.
- Starter Parker Markel had a perfect game through 10 batters but was roughed up the second time through the Loons order. He gave up all 4 Loons runs in the 4th inning. In all he pitched 6.0 innings and only allowed the 4 runs on 6 hits with 4 strikeouts and no walks. His ERA is 4.50.
- Jacob Partridge pitched 2 shutout for the win and Austin Hubbard had a scoreless 9th for his 3rd save.
- The Hot Rods are now 4-2 at home and 5-2 on the road.
- Attendance in Bowling Green was 3,743.
Thursday starter: LH Ryan Carpenter. Projected for the rest of the week: Friday - RH Roberto Gomez, Saturday - RH Jake Floethe.
Today's moves: Signed RHP Lance Pendleton, pending a physical.