[Via email from the Durham Bulls Director of Media Relations Matt DeMargel.]
The Durham Bulls today announced plans for a National Championship celebration at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park on Wednesday, October 21st from 6 PM until 8 PM. The Bulls won the 2009 Triple-A National Championship last month defeating the Memphis Redbirds, 5-4 in Oklahoma City.
The event will be the Triangle’s first opportunity to view the National Championship trophy and Governors’ Cup and offer several free opportunities for the first 500 fans including:
- Photos taken with the National Championship and Governors’ Cup Trophies in the Durham Bulls locker room.
- Durham Bulls infielders Elliot Johnson and Chris Richard will be on hand to sign autographs in the Ballpark Corner Store.
- A commemorative photo of the 2009 Champion Durham Bulls.
- Dinner at the ballpark: Hot Dogs, Potato Chips, Cookies and soft drinks.
- Reserve a spot on the priority ticket list for the 2010 Tampa Bay Rays Exhibition Game and Opening Day tickets package.
- Field of Dreams! Fans may bring their gloves to play catch under the lights on the field.
- Visit with Durham Bulls mascot Wool E. Bull.
Also that evening, the Ballpark Corner Store will be open throughout the event offering up to 50% off select merchandise. Plus, fans will have the opportunity to purchase season tickets or get on the mini-plan waiting list. For more information, contact the Durham Bulls at (919) 687-6516.